And they do!
These obnoxious stockings were dyed with iDye, a readily available dye I bought at JoAnns. All you need to do is...
- Fill a large pot with water
- Bring to a simmer
- Dissolve the iDye packet in the hot water
- Add 1/3 cup white vinegar
- Toss in your white stockings
- Let soak for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the stockings and rinse under cold water
- Give them a bit of a wash with Woolite, or similar, until the water runs clear
- Hang to dry
Because our stockings are 98% silk, they'll take any natural fiber dye. Yay! I don't recommend trying to dye the red or blue stockings, just the white ones. The clock will remain black, of course. Think of the possibilities! Pink...green...ombre!? Have fun!
Buy stockings here - www.american-duchess.com. Get a discount when you buy two or more pairs, or one or more pair with 18th c. shoes.