Finally, after forever in development, we’ve got the Valois buckles for your Kensington shoes. Chris is doing official product photos right now, so here’s a preview of how the new buckles look on the red Kensies…
You’ll be able to get these in the American Duchess store tomorrow. They are in stock right now, so no waiting! Some more info:
- Valois buckles are based on these knee buckles from the V&A
- Valois buckles are designed and sold exclusively by American Duchess Company.
- Fit 1.25″ / 3.175 cm wide latchets, approx 2 mm thick – designed specifically to fit American Duchess shoes.
- Approx. 2.25″ x 1.5″ (5.715 cm x 3.81 cm) – sized and domed for ladies’ shoes.
- 100% white brass with silver plating
- Sold in pairs, with their own velveteen bag for safe keeping.
Vienna La RougeAugust 16, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Lovely!!! I'll be getting a pair of these for sure.
Lauren StowellAugust 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM
you'll love them 🙂
AbigailAugust 16, 2012 at 6:54 PM
I like those! Not quite so glitzy as the rhinestones, but still feminine and pretty.
Lauren StowellAugust 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM
I had a lot of requests for plainer buckles. This is the first of a few new ones that don't have paste stones. The next ones after these are cast directly from originals. I'm hoping to get them in before Christmas.
unicornemporiumAugust 17, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Do the prongs put a hole through the leather?
Lauren StowellAugust 17, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Hi Joan, yes, to wear the historical shoe buckles, holes have to be punched through both the bottom latchet and the top, so the straps and buckle are held securely in place.
CrescentwenchFebruary 4, 2018 at 7:06 PM
Will these ever come back? I love them but missed the boat.
JasFebruary 18, 2018 at 8:52 PM
Will you please bring these back, along with the Fleur buckles? They were so pretty, but wasn't able to get them at the time.