Back to work! It’s time FINALLY for the Pompadour French Court Heels PRE-SALE! (big cheer!)
I’ve been working on this shoe for what feels like forever, getting the toe just that right amount of pointy, and really spending a lot of development time perfecting the super-swoopy Louis heel. These have been custom made just for these shoes, and have all the balance and style of the originals from the early 18th century.
|The original design for Pompadour|
So come and get ’em! Here are the particulars:
- Pomps come in dyeable ivory or black jacquard, with a matching leather-covered heel.
- They close with tabs, with a ribbon – we’ve provided one with your new shoes, but lace any color, width, or design ribbon through, to change up the look whenever you like.
- The heel is 2.5 inches, and properly flared – you won’t be sinking into grass in these.
- The toe is very pointy, just right for the late 17th and early 18th centuries.
- The pre-order price is $115, and the regular price is $135.
- Get them on sale May 14th – June 1st.
- We need to sell about 100 pairs to make the production run, so if you need these shoes in your life, please share the news with your costume buds. If we don’t meet the minimum, all orders will be refunded in full, and the Pompadours will not be made.
- Estimated delivery is early August 2012 – we’ve implemented a whole mess of systems and measures to improve our speed of manufacture as well as quality, but if we have a delay, I’ll let you know right away.
Guess what else?
Ivory Kensingtons, 1770-1780s, are also available to pre-order now, for the same $99 price as the red and black Kensingtons earlier this year. These are dyeable calf leather, with that lovely French heel and pointed toe.
And what’s more?
Other stuff is on sale! We’re making room for new shoes, so it’s time to clear out the old stuff – Georgiana silk, and Devonshire dyeable leather 18th century shoes are on sale – $85 and $99 respectively. We’re not running these styles again, so if you like that wider fit and rounded toe, grab yourself a pair or two of what’s left.
And finally – FINALLY – Astorias are here. After all that hullabaloo, they’ve arrived and we’re shipping them as you read this. We have plenty available in both black and ivory, so if you’ve been waiting for them to come in to stock, now is your time.
Okay, Lovelies! If you have any questions, drop Chris or me a line at [email protected] .