Tonight I have reason to celebrate! American Duchess has received the "Kreativ Blogger" award from Costume Queen, of the delightful blog "Aria of an Amateur." American Duchess has also earned 60 followers tonight! Woo! Time for a party! (or something!)
Rules of The Kreativ Blogger Award:
1. Copy the Kreativ Blogger picture and post it on your page
2. Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to their blog
3. Write seven things about you that we don't know
4. Choose seven other bloggers that you would like to give the award to
5. Link to the bloggers that you choose
6. Let the winners know that they have the lovely award.
OK, 7 Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. I made a pact with my parents, when I was about 9, to never have to eat another bite of squash again. I have since broken that pact.
2. I have never been seriously injured, despite all the physical activities and stupid things I do and have done. (knock on wood)
3. I was the drum major in my high school marching band.
4. I really wish I knew another language, a beautiful language like French or Gaelic...instead, I learned (or rather spent time NOT learning) Spanish in high school, from an overly tanned hippie named Ms. Jacox.
5. Top Gear is my favorite show in the whole world. And I have a huge crush on Richard Hammond. And that makes me a statistic.
6. Fall is my favorite season; October my favorite month; and October 23rd my favorite day.
7. If I ever have children, I hope they're boys. Since I'll more likely have just dogs, I hope they're girls.
Now for the 7 Blogs of Awesome that shall receive The Kreativ Blogger Award:
1. In Pursuit of Glamour - just beautiful. I want to live in this blogger's house and sit on her furniture and be surrounded by her things. (ok, was that too creepy?)
2. A Dress A Day - it's not an easy feat to pull of such an acute blog as this one, and it's one thing to post pictures of vintage patterns and dresses, but something else entirely to write the extremely witty and entertaining commentary that Erin provides us with!
3. Wearing History - such cuteness! I can't get over vintage and retro clothing, it just makes me keel over with WANT TO WEAR syndrome. Wearing history offers insights as well as reproduction patterns of some serious cuteness.
4. Marie Antoinette's Gossip Guide - we love Marie as much as Georgiana. Both blogs are very stylishly designed, and offer a little Rococo goodness on, well, just about everything.
5. In The Long Run - this is a lovely little dress blog that single-handedly taught me the proper way to flatline. So worth the read, she makes such lovely things.
6. Serendipitous Stitchery - Maggie puts textures and colors together than I would never think to work, yet her costumes come out simply fantastically. She has also made something like 10,000 dresses this year (well, maybe I exaggerate a little, but it's a LOT)
7. Princess Lastertron - a fabulously inspiring blog! I've never seen anything like Princess' felt button-flower bouquets, and I'm truly inspired that she has made such a successful business out of her crafting love. Very cool. Very unique.