Here it is, the update on the 1790s stripey jacket, as promised!
There really wasn’t and isn’t much left to do on this piece. Tonight I set the sleeves, sewed some boning channels into the stomacher, stitched on the collar, and painted the wooden buttons silver.
Remaining is to sew all those buttonholes and install the buttons. Place the boning. Bind the bottom edge and cuffs. Interior finishing. Then voile!
I was pleased to see that the hat I made for the 1790s linen robe works just fine for this outfit too! It’s not ideal, but it actually looks quite nice, and I like the contrast of the yellow with the green ribbon…very colorful 🙂
I will have to do something about my skirt, like WASH it, to start, then create another petticoat to froof it out. This will possibly be quilted or a tiered ruffley one. Anything will help, as it’s quite flat (and dirty!) currently.
Once the bottom edge is turned up and the boning is in, the back should be nice and wrinkle-free.
Disclaimer for photos: Boyfriend took these!!! /sigh