We’re back with a new quick little episode of the podcast, where Lauren and I chat about our top 5 costuming books. While it’s difficult to pick favorites, we did our best (even though Lauren cheated a little bit…hahahahaha).
|A small sample of Abby’s book collection|
Our Favorite Books (in no particular order):
1. Kyoto’s Costume Book(s)
2. Norah Waugh’s Cut of Women’s Clothes
3. Nancy Bradfield’s Costume in Detail
4. Norah Waugh’s Corsets and Crinolines
5. Janet Arnold’s Patterns of Fashion
6. Florence Montgomery’s Textiles in America
7. Jean Hunnisett’s Period Costume for Stage and Screen
If you want to see everything that is in Lauren’s library click Here.
We hope that you enjoy this episode, as we recorded it with new microphones and I battleaxed my way (more like stumbled) through Adobe Audition…so hopefully the issues with sound have improved. I’m not a professional and I’m very much a beginner with this software, but I do hope it has helped!
Until next time!