|The whole thing, with the skirt not yet trimmed up. Plus dog.|
I’ve been in a terrible sewing slump lately, but managed to get a bit done on the wedding gown, now due to be complete in about 1 month. Others keep freaking out on my behalf when I tell them I’m just bimbling along on it, but I keep telling myself, “hey, I sew stuff like this in short periods of time all year long!” and then I don’t feel rushed.
|The finished back – the CB pieces don’t have lining yet|
At present, the skirt is on, the bodice is stitched. I need to trim up the skirt – I cut each panel square at the bottom, thinking I’ll round it off, but I realize that probably wasn’t the best way to do it. I had no extra fabric to spare, though, so I think it had to happen this way. I’m sure it will work out fine (isn’t that what I always say?)
|Need to fix this gapping and add boning on the edges|
I have some gaposis at the front. I *hate* edge-to-edge closure, but I wanted to be true to the original gown. It’s just a matter of moving hooks and eyes, everyone’s favorite task.
|The side back seams did not match up with the inverted box pleats, but both sides match, and are cleanly assembled, so I’m happy. There will be a button at the junction here, besides.|
I’m on to the sleeves next, and some interior gut-work. My dear mother has embroidered the buttons, and we’re getting together next week to put them over the molds. There are twelve buttons total, embroidered with silver flowers and a pearl in the center of each one.
|Because Chris and I already live together, this is how I am “hiding” my dress, until the big day.|