Last night I spent hours…HOURS…working on Edwardian hair styles, but I discovered that I needed more switches and hair pieces (today’s work), before attempting any more of those styles.
I also tried out a 1770s “V” shaped pouf style, and had a go at creating side curls. Here was my reference:
Here was my first shot at it:
I need to practice this a bit more, but I will do a tutorial once I’ve got it down. For the time being, I can tell you that I used…
- two oblong hair rats
- a wiglet
- one hair switch
- a billion pins
…but more on this later, and other things to stick in your coif.
Also, I found this neckerchief on eBay for $6, yay! I know the lace on it is a little young in style, but I like the thing very much.
It reminded me of this one from Colonial Williamsburg’s website:
I’m off to the monthly Sacramento Antiques Fair today, hopefully to find some treasures. The solving of Edwardian hair mysteries will reconvene next week. 🙂