Happy New Year everyone! It's been madness here in terms of stay-making. I've got Olympe's final pair in-progress, all the boning channels stitched, with one side boned.
|A close up of the boning channels, complete with bones, in Olympe's creme and goldenrod stays, in progress|
|Here's how Olympe's stays are coming along. We made changes to the pattern based on the pink prototype.|
I've put the pink prototype stays up in the Etsy shop, for anyone looking for a pair to buy *right now* with no waiting. I'm also determined to try out some new methods and patterning on a pair for myself, to explore the silhouette of the 1780s, and to finally have a proper pair for my own body.
|The pink proto-stays are for sale in the Boutique. They don't fit my dress form, but *will* fit a lady of proper measurements!|
|These stays were a learning and patterning exercise for Olympe's final pair. They are nicely put together, but have some oddities, like the eyelets running down the back - they don't need to be there! Now I know :-D|