This past weekend I felt the need to stitch together something quick, easy, and very useful, using my favorite vintage fabric, rayon.
Luckily, my local Mill End fabric store has a good selection, and I picked up enough white rayon faille for two blouses.
I frankensteined Vogue 5724 and Simplicity 3079 together, after finding most of the pieces of the Vogue pattern missing. No worries - I just cut the sleeve on the Simplicity pattern short, and used the surviving collar piece from the Vogue. My version is missing the gathers from the neckline, and I didn't bother with the string tie thingy, but I think the over all effect is good. If I wanted to be extra '40s I'd put shoulder pads in....still debating that one, though.
It was a quick project and came out swell. I like the blouse very much, and it'll make a nice addition to my vintage wardrobe. :-)