Comtesse Olympe De La Tour d’Auvergne, whom due to that length of name hurting my head we shall refer to henceforth as The Comtesse, has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award, yay! I am glad it is not causing annoyance with you, my dear readers, that my “18th c. costume blog” seems to wander off in random, other-century directions! I think I’ve achieved this versatility, then, by lack of focus, haha!
Now for 7 things about myself, and 5 outstanding blogs I wish to pass this award onto…
7 things about me:
1) In a battle between dark chocolate and milk chocolate, dark chocolate will always have my support. Milk chocolate makes my throat itch.
2) Along those lines, I just discovered I’m allergic to sunscreen, or very common ingredients in sunscreen. Good thing this costuming/historically-obsessed habit of mine supports and encourages pasty white skin.
3) Speaking of pasty white skin, my boyfriend is English, and he’s lovely, and I love him.
4) I work for The Trail of Painted Ponies. I paint the ponies.
5) Hate the colour purple; love the color fuschia. My favourite shoes are fuschia.
6) I love high desert thunderstorms in late Summer. Secretly I get very excited about the fires. No, I’m not a pyromaniac, but I do like candles……….
7) I’m a speed demon. I always break the law. I always go as fast as I can; I only think I’m being safe. I pretend I’m driving on the Autobahn, and I push the pedal ALL the way down. (haha, sorry, Dreamstress, I just HAD to!)
5 blogs to pass this award onto:
1) Two Nerdy History Girls – random and completely entertaining information for history addicts like us.
2) The Lady of Portland House – you know what I love about Other Lauren’s blog? She not only makes outstanding 18th c. costumes, she shows us the finished products in action, and gives us the context of her life in which to admire them.
3) Isis’ Wardrobe – my fellow 17th c. costumier internationale. Anyone venturing into that dark and confusing century of fashion deserves a “Versatile Blogger” award.
4) The Couture Courtesan – beautiful costumes, beautiful girl, she even has a beautiful beau, I think I hate her. (which means “love her” in internet-land)
5) Adventures of a Costumer – such pretty costumes, and lovely photos of finished pieces.
So there you have it! Thank you again to The Comtesse! Cheers!