|Oooo, fits niiice… LIES!|
I spent all day yesterday working on this new robe a l’Anglaise, draping, then cutting and stitching.
|Ah, if only that waist were in the same place my actual waist is…|
I had the bodice fitting Franken-Lilly perfectly, but it turns out that I *still* didn’t have the right measurements on my dress form! I measured the length of the hollow of my neck to my waist – 13 inches – but when I did so, I was looking down, not standing up straight, which resulted in that measurement being a whole inch off…and, of course, the dress being short in the waist by, you guessed it, 1 inch.
The bodice ended up meeting at the waist, in front, but not over the bust, so after letting seams out, and more cursing, I added an overlap to the CF. This will be covered in trim, and at least now the bodice will close!
Not my ideal, but at least it is working now.
Here it is with half the skirt roughly pinned on, and a sleeve stuck up there to see how it will look. Though all night was spent battling, and my fingers are raw, the thing appears to be working, yay!
Some day I will figure out what the heck I’m doing, and maybe actually get good at it, right about the time I’m too old and decrepit and arthritic to sew. /sigh.